Many species of Birds are pests in various ways, the two most common, would be Pigeons (Columbidae) and Gulls (Laridae) others include Starlings, Crows, Rooks, Magpies, Doves, Sparrows, Canadian geese, Jays, Parakeet, Jackdaws.
If you have any of the issues listed below caused by any of these birds, or others Call Wiltshire pest services and we can assist, whether it be a domestic dwelling or an industrial area we can advise you, with the right solutions.
How to Identify Birds as Pests
• Nesting/Roosting in or around buildings
• Fouling in or around buildings and walkways
• Attacking people / Pets
• Spreading disease
• Blocking gutters or gullies
• Contamination / Bio-security issues
• Infestation of mites
• Damage to buildings/crops
• Damage to electrical items such as air con units and solar panels
• Egg and nest removal
• Discrete gels
• Post and wire
• Population control
• insecticidal treatments
Useful tip/ interesting fact
Pigeons mate for life and can breed up to 8 times a year bringing two young in to the world each time.
when a squab is born it can double its birth weight in 1 day, but it takes 3 days before the heart starts beating and 4 days for the eyes to open.